Appearance of Healthy Gingiva and unhelthy Gingiva/Gum The Gingiva is the anatomical term for gums.
Updated: Nov 21, 2022
* Healthy Gum is free of inflammation and has not been altered by disease or trauma
* Healthy Gum does not bleed when stimulated by brushing or flossing.
* Gum tissue appears uniformly pink
* Blondes with a light complexion have a lighter shade of pink
* Brunettes with darker complexion have a darker shade of pink
Unhealty gingiva called gingivitis
what is Gingivitis ?
Gingivitis is an inflammation of gum/gingiva .Plaque biofilm or food debris at the gingival margin are the main cause of gingivitis. People are usually unaware they have a gingival infection as there is no pain but it causes bleeding gum while brushing or flossing.